Sunday, March 14, 2010

Those times I belong

So it's kinda been a long weekend (keggs and eggs at SUNY Albany will kick anyone's butt) and i need to do my take-home religion midterm.  Like any good student, i'm looking for sources of procrastination, so thank you blogspot.


We all have those times when we feel completely alone.  We could be at a party, a concert, or at a park surrounded by people and still feel alone.  We may even feel alone in our own homes.  But, there are also those times, or moments, when we feel completely at home.  At that moment, you know that that's where you belong.  I don't know what it is about those moments, but they are just so heartwarming.


I don't know if I feel alone all the time, but I do know that there are distinct moments that I feel like i belong.  It's like that's what I'm made to live for. 


It's those times I'm sitting on my porch eating ice-cream from Mr. Softee on a summer day that I belong.


It's those times I'm laying, dancing, or running around on the beach until sunset that I belong.


It's those times I'm running for a public transportation that I belong.


It's those times at parties or during Roxbury's Mardi Gras jumping around and singing blink-182 or classic 1980s rock songs that I belong.


It's those times we're all sitting around a bonfire by the bay listening to the radio that I belong.


It's those times me and my girls are sitting around laughing at each other that I belong.


It's those times we're screaming the St. Joseph Hill Academy song that I belong.


It's those times I'm sitting in an airport that I belong.


It's those times I'm pushing through a crowd to cross the street in the city that I belong.


It's those times at a SUNY Albany party where everyone laughs at the same thing that I belong.


It's those times I'm playing softball with my friends that I belong.


It's that time at the O.A.R. concert that I belong.


It's those times Kristen and I go for walks around the park that I belong.


It's those vacations at Woodloch Pines that I belong.


It's those times I ride the Cyclone in Coney Island that I belong.


It's those times in the classroom I'm actually listening and intrigued that I belong.


It's those times that I write blogs that I belong.


I hope that you (anyone reading this) can find as many instances in which you feel like you belong in this world.



Inspired by a link from Carolyn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNVPalNZD_I&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment