Wednesday, March 17, 2010

so what?

it is absolutely gorgeous out today and after reading my friend's blog (http://meghanroseee.blogspot.com/) and taking in the weather, i've been inspired to write.  


most of my blogs have been really deep and that trend it going to continue.  Sorry (but not really).


The other day, my friends and i were assigned to sign up for our housing for next year.  Our time was 4 PM on Monday and I had class at 545.  I was napping and accidently slept until 4:00.  In my laziness and confusion, I let my friends go without me because I had class anyway, right?  Around 4:30 I was informed where we were going to live, which was not where I thought we would end up (the all sophomore quad).  At the moment, my world caved in.  2012 had come early.  To make matters more uncomfortable, it is a "themed housing" dorm.  The theme of this dorm is ... feminism?  Yeah... you get the idea.  It's an all girls dormitory.  If, you read my other blogs, you'd know I went to an all girl high school, but I'm over that whole concept.  Sometimes, i kind of, sort of, may loathe girls and was not looking forward to this.  In addition to living with all girls, this dorm requires you to do community service.  I like volunteering, but I hate when it's forced upon me.  


At this point, I'm about to bribe anyone I could with money to get me out of that building.  I was coming up with all sorts of creative excuses to get me out: I'm a sex addict and I need boys around, I can't do community service, I'm on medication, etc.  I was neurotic and convinced all the excuses were acceptable.  


As the time went by, we had come up with multiple reasons why it wouldn't be so bad.  After 2 hours, it wasn't so bad anymore.  So what I'm not living with all sophomores next year?  It's not like I'll NEVER see them again.  Am I dying?  Is it really the end of the world?  So what I didn't get what i wanted? 


In the scheme of things, it doesn't matter where I live.  It's about how we live it and I'm sure my friends and I will make it a kick ass time.




btw, HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment