Thursday, March 25, 2010

the beginning of the end

As I pack for spring break and listen to slow, good-feeling music, I couldn't help but get nostalgic.  Spring break is the beginning of the end.  The beginning of the end of freshman year.  

I'm doing my laundry and kind of running around making sure I have everything together (which I probably don't), but as I make my bed, I had a little time to slow down and just think.  I started thinking about my room and everything that's happened since September.  The excitement in the novelty.  All the experiences we had yet to conquer.  How things sped up so quickly.  All of a sudden, we were meeting lots of new people, making new friends, new relationships, or new crushes.  Looking out of the 8th floor window, all the trees and the grass between Indian and Dutch quad were bright green.  

The year progressed and the view from my window started to change .... things got good, things got bad, really bad, then better, okay, great, and bad again.  A vicious cycle that we had to experience by ourselves, without our family and close friends, for the first time.

As bad as the bad times might've been, I'm going to miss freshman year.  The new experiences I shared with new people and the relationships that came and left.  I learned a lot from freshman year (but I'll explain that in another blog).  I had a huge growth spurt after this year.  I learned a lot about people and a lot about myself.  But, that's what we're here for, right?

I'm not really saying much other than that I'm going to miss freshman year blah blah blah.  Being the romantic I am, I can't help getting nostalgic about every experience I have.  There are about 5 weeks after spring break to appreciate every last bit of freshman year and I'm more than willing to just dive in and drown in it.

Currently appreciating One Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment