Monday, March 22, 2010

collegeacb.com

Ok, it's been a while, time for a blog.  I'm going to attempt to write about something I feel strongly about and it's going to offend people..


collegeacb.com.  If you haven't already heard of it, it's a website where you search a college, and students post anonymous topics and comments.  Most of the topics include "hottest girl/guy on campus" or "biggest slut/man-whore" etc.  I even ventured to competitive schools like Harvard and Princeton to see if they would be posting controversial, mind-opening topics, but they weren't.  Topics on there were similar to my school's petty posts.


I've obviously spent some time on the website.  I've only replied to one topic about Northfaces and Uggs and defended myself when someone called me "gross."  


Excuse me if I sound "unfun" or "snobby" or "goody-two shoes" but I think this whole thing is pathetic.  Why are college students (ages 18+) sitting on a website, posting mean things about people?  Back to my Asher Roth post, shouldn't us college students be saving the world or something?  Reading?  Writing papers?  Hanging out?  Isn't it a little immature to be bashing on people anonymously?  


You know what though, I'm not perfect.  If I hated someone, if my boyfriend cheated on me, it would take all of the strength out of me NOT to post something.  There are so many things I would like to say about people on that website, but I've just made a choice not to because you know what, WHO CARES.  


After reading some posts, I thought.. who cares who the hottest girl on campus is.  Who cares who is the biggest dick on campus.  Who the fuck really cares.  It's not important at all.  


Collegeacb has such great potential to argue controversial/intelligent topics. The most interesting thoughts I've seen was the post arguing about "Northfaces and Uggs" but even then, who cares what people wear.  The website is cool in concept, but, unfortunately, human nature will not let it  work in peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment