Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you

these day-blogs are becoming really difficult.  i think a lot of things have had big impacts on me that has led me to different people that have had impacts one me.  but i think if there has been one thing that has had the biggest impact one me, it was my high school.


it's hard for a lot of people to understand the type of high school experience i've had.  i went to an all girls, catholic high school.  (it's not as bad as it seems...i've written a blog about this before).  as much as i HATED everything about it sometimes, it has molded me into the person i like today.  as a hill girl, i have a certain identity - an identity to be self-sufficient, self-respecting, dignified, smart, leaders, but also with class (outside of our uniforms).  during my time at sjha, i felt like i was opened up to entirely new world, a new way of thinking and a new understanding of things.  everything i stood for, was molded and i no longer felt alone in my beliefs.  even though my friends and i coming out of there are a minority in comparison to the rest of the world, we know we're a kickass minority.

No comments:

Post a Comment